Green Power Providers
Huntsville Utilities participates in the TVA Green Power Providers Program. Below is the link to the TVA website for more information.
- The enrollment period is 11 months (January 31, 2018- December 17, 2018.).
- Qualifying Capacity Reservations Requests received and approved by the local power company during the 11 months will receive the 2018 generation credit payment rate.
- Program enrollment is on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Fast-track projects (those projects under 10 kW) will require energy consumption of 1,000 kWh/year or more.
- Capacity Reservation Requests will expire after 90 days if no approvals have been gained.
- Participants will be responsible for all costs associated with their systems and maintenance costs.
- Generation credit will be paid at the following flat rates for the entirety of the 20-year contract:
- Residential/GSA-1 customers with system sizes 500W – 10kW: 9¢/kWh
- Residential/GSA-1 customers with system sizes > 10kW: 7.5¢/kWh
- Non GSA-1 commercial customers: 7.5¢/kWh
Program Step by Step Process:
- You will select a solar contractor and decide what size system will work for your home. (For residential you can install up to a 10kW without us reviewing your electric usage. Anything above 10kW, we have to look at the last 12 months of usage and determine what size you are eligible for. Commercial system size will be determined by the last 12 months of usage and a max system size of 50kW) System installers must be NABSEP certified.
- Submit a Capacity Reservation Request through TVA’s website *link below*.
- Once approved by TVA (you will be notified through the customer portal), you or your contractor must contact the Huntsville Utilities Electric Metering Department to submit system technical diagrams and receive approval. (email below)
- Once approved, you will complete and submit a Participation Agreement through the customer portal (a 20-year agreement)
- Upon system completion, Huntsville Utilities will install the second meter for your generating system. Troy Gilmore will work with participants regarding technical information, provide a final system inspection, and arrange for the new system to be tied to the electrical grid and a second meter to be added to your home
- Finally, you will then receive payment at the designated rate. This is credited to your utility bill monthly and for the entirety of your contract.
For more information on system and technical requirements, please contract Troy Gilmore firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any other questions, please contact Ashley Matice at email@example.com