Get Ready for Winter Weather
AVOID COSTLY DAMAGE FROM BURST WATER PIPES
- Locate and test your main supply line cut-off valve. Normally located in the ground directly in front of an outside faucet. Apartment tenants should contact their landlord for cut-off location. Also locate the City’s meter cut-off valve as an alternate. A special cut-off device is required to operate this valve.
- Insulate exposed piping in attic or crawl space.
- Insulate piping and meter inside the meter box, leaving the meter dial visible.
- Make sure all shallow or exposed service lines are covered with a minimum of 12-inches of soil.
- Drain lawn sprinkler system when freezing weather is anticipated.
- During normal working hours and freezing conditions, Huntsville Utilities will cut the water off at the meter at no charge. During freezing conditions, a backlog normally exists. Customers may be able to minimize damage by being able to quickly shut their water off.
PREPARE GAS HEATING SYSTEM FOR WINTER
Follow these steps for safe and efficient operation of natural gas heating systems:
- Set temperature of wall thermostat at the lowest temperature setting. Check to see that the main valve is open.
- Follow the printed instructions on the unit for activating or lighting the pilot.
- After the system is lit, reset wall thermostat to desired temperature.
- Be sure the flame burns blue.
The Huntsville Utilities pilot lighting service is available during regular working hours for a fee. An additional charge will be incurred for weekends and after hours.
To request the pilot lighting service call 256-650-6342, Mon.-Fri. 7:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m. Call early to avoid delays. Once cold weather arrives, there may be a 2 to 3 day wait for the pilot lighting service because of the large number of requests received. Huntsville Utilities will only light pilots and does not service or repair appliances. If service or repair work is requried on the system contact a qualified Heating Service Company.