Electric Incentive Programs
Enhanced Growth Credit Program
- TVA program offering credits on electric bills to businesses locating or expanding in the Huntsville Utilities service area.
- Available to new, restarted and expanding loads greater than 100 kW in manufacturing and other specified SIC codes.
- Provides credit of $6.00/kW on firm demand charge for a three year period.
- Also available to new and expanding qualified all-electric 250 kW loads.
Economy Surplus Power
- TVA program offering real-time electric rates in exchange for the ability to interrupt load.
- Available to customers with demands over 5,000 kW.
- Demand charges paid only on firm portion of contract.
- Five options with varying curtailment priorities and notice:
Applies to up to 50% of total load; curtailment with 5-minute notice; at TVAs incremental cost plus 15%; 3rd in curtailment queue.
Applies to up to 100% of total load; curtailment with 5-minute notice; at TVAs incremental cost plus 25%; 1st in curtailment queue.
Applies to up to 100% of total load; curtailment with 60-minute notice; at TVAs incremental cost plus 35%; 2nd in curtailment queue.
Applies to up to 50% of total load; curtailment with 5-minute notice; at TVAs incremental cost plus 15% plus .84/kWh; 4th in curtailment queue.
Applies to up to 50% of total load; curtailment with 60-minute notice; at TVAs incremental cost plus 25% plus .84/kWh; last in curtailment queue (most firm interruptible service).
Time of Day
- Attractive to customers with significant off-peak usage.
- Lower rate during off-peak periods (nights, weekends, holidays).
- Higher rate during on-peak periods.
Limited Interruptible Power
- Lower cost than prevailing firm power rate.
- Available for customers with demands of 20 megawatts or higher.
- Can apply to up to 50% of total contract.
- Set curtailment and restart notification periods.
- Subject to interruption on 24-hour notice.
Large Manufacturers Bill Credit
- TVA program offering 5% credit to large manufacturers (SIC 20-39) in months in which customers metered demand exceeds 5,000 kW.
- Applicable to base demand charge only.
- Applied after any Growth Credit amounts have been deducted from customers bill.
Economic Development Loan Fund
- TVA loan program to assist in financing industrial development projects including new industrial plants, existing industry expansions, infrastructure development and service industries.
- Maximum loan of up to $2 million per project when there is additional funding from other sources; low interest loans; up to 10 years to repay.
- All loans are processed through a local government or established non-profit economic development organization.